Motherhood is such a dichotomy, isn’t it?
On one hand:
Being a Mom is the best job in the whole world!
Where else can you spend your days with the people who are most important to you, grow your deepest, best, and most valuable skills and traits, and know that all your efforts are going towards something that really matters?
Yet on the other hand:
Sometimes being a mother is the hardest, most painful, even sometimes downright excruciating job in the whole world!
Why is that?? How can it be both??
Perhaps it’s because the school of motherhood/family is the best place for us and our families to learn to become our very best selves. We have to reach down into the deepest depths of challenge so that we can be lifted up to experience the amazing growth and joy that is ours to have. Because what we are working for is what matters the most.
It can be so wonderful, yet so hard, can’t it?
Welcome to A Heart Full of Joy
I like to imagine you and me sitting and visiting on the couch in my family room, perhaps sipping on some hot chocolate if it was cold outside, or some lemonade if it was warm, and sharing our hearts about our efforts, our concerns, and our hopes with each other.
More than anything I would want to encourage you in all the good that you are doing. And your goodness would totally strengthen and uplift me in my journey.
I would want you to feel welcome in my home. To feel that you are important. That you matter. That I hear you.
And when it was time for you to leave and go back to your family, I would hope that you take with you a renewed sense of hope, of encouragement, and of your indomitable purpose.
As you make your way around A Heart Full of Joy, please imagine yourself sitting with me in my family room. I hope you feel welcome and comfortable here. And I hope you feel my love, acceptance, and encouragement.
With all my heart I want to help you
- feel successful at motherhood
- gain confidence in your role as a mother
- improve your skills as a mother
- strengthen your relationships with your family
- be secure in your value as a mom
- find joy in motherhood
- and simply love being a mom!
You know, I wasn’t always good at being a mom… I always wanted to be a mom, and I knew what I was doing was super important, but I just struggled so much! It was all so hard!
I had to really work at learning how to be a good mom, and at gaining the view of motherhood that I now have. My deep and abiding love of being a mom has been gained through the school of hard knocks, much like you’re going through. (You can read a little about this here.)
Now I can say with all my heart that I LOVE being a mother! It’s the best thing that has ever happened to me. And, I can honestly say that I feel I’m pretty good at it. And the really cool thing is, I have felt this way for years. Many years.
I want to share with you what I’ve learned, and help you have what I have.
So sit back and enjoy your time here. Feel welcome. Feel appreciated. ♥
If you’re new to A Heart Full of Joy, here are some good places to start:
- How to Be a Happy Mom – series
- How I Got Good at Being a Mom
- The #1 Tip For Better Parenting
- Self-Care for Moms – Is it Selfish? Or Necessary?
- How to Do it All as a Mom
- How to Get More Things Done as a Mom
- How to Be Happy on Mother’s Day
- How to Truly Empower Girls
- What to do With a Difficult Child
- Helping Children Learn to Serve
- 3 Tips to Help Dads be Better Fathers
- How to Eliminate the Overwhelm and Create the Christmas You Want
- Navajo Tacos- A Favorite Family Tradition
- How to Help Your Kids Behave Better (coming soon!)
- A Letter to a New Homeschooling Mom
- Why We Decided to Homeschool
- Tips & Advice for New Homeschooling Moms from Veteran Homeschoolers
- Do Kids Like Being Homeschooled? Let’s Ask Them…
- The Benefits of Using Games in Your Homeschool
- Why You Should Have a Homeschool Graduation Night