This post may contain affiliate links.
Here are 50 of the most beautiful quotes on gratitude that you'll find. They are so simple and inspiring and will lift your heart and mind to more joyful and abundant living.
I've also created a gift for you of all of the quotes that have images below for you to download and print to display or use as cover for a notebook, or whatever fun way you can think to use them.
Get your free printable images of these Beautiful Quotes on Gratitude here!
I hope you enjoy these 50 Beautiful Quotes on Gratitude!
Please feel free to pin and share the graphics below to help spread the beautiful power of gratitude!
- 1“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others."
- 2“Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well."
- 3“Gratitude, like faith, is a muscle. The more you use it, the stronger it grows, and the more power you have to use it on your behalf. If you do not practice gratefulness, its benefaction will go unnoticed, and your capacity to draw on its gifts will be diminished. To be grateful is to find blessings in everything. This is the most powerful attitude to adopt, for there are blessings in everything."
— Alan Cohen
- 4“It’s not happiness that brings us gratitude. It’s gratitude that brings us happiness.” -- Anonymous
- 5“The more grateful I am, the more beauty I see."
— Mary Davis
- 6“We can choose to be grateful no matter what." — Dieter F. Uchtdorf
- 7“It is only with gratitude that life becomes rich." — Deitrich Bonheiffer
- 8“If you want to find happiness, find gratitude." — Steve Maraboli
- 9“Gratitude turns what we have into enough." — Aesop
- 10“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." — Robert Brault
- 11“Gratitude and attitude are not challenges; they are choices." — Robert Braathe
- 12“Gratitude makes sense of your past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." — Melody Beattie
- 13“The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement." — Charles Schwab
- 14“This a wonderful day. I’ve never seen this one before." — Maya Angelou
- 15“Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you'll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you'll find that you have more of it." — Ralph Marston
- 16“When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears." — Tony Robbins
- 17“When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed." — Maya Angelou
- 18“Wear gratitude like a cloak and it will feed every corner of your life." — Rumi
- 19“Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart." — Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- 20“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend." — Melody Beattie
- 21“Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for." — Zig Ziglar
- 22“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it." — William Arthur Ward
- 23“Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other." — Randy Rausch“Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgiving, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings." — William Arthur Ward
- 25“When gratitude becomes an essential foundation in our lives, miracles start to appear everywhere." — Emmanuel Dalgher
- 26“When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out and the tide of love rushes in." — Kristin Armstrong
- 27“Gratitude is one of the most medicinal emotions we can feel. It elevates our moods and fills us with joy." — Sara Avant Stover
- 28“I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder." — Gilbert K. Chesterton
- 29“No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks." — James Allen
- 30“Develop an attitude of gratitude. Say thank you to everyone you meet for everything they do for you." — Brian Tracy
- 31“Gratitude is the sweetest thing in a seeker's life – in all human life. If there is gratitude in your heart, then there will be tremendous sweetness in your eyes." — Sri Chinmoy
- 32“At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us." — Albert Schweitzer
- 33“A moment of gratitude makes a difference in your attitude." — Bruce Wilkinson
- 34“Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have." — Michael Bernhard
- 35"Being grateful in our circumstances is an act of faith in God. It requires that we trust God and hope for things we may not see but which are true. By being grateful, we follow the example of our beloved Savior, who said, 'Not my will, but thine, be done.' " — Dieter F. Uchtdorf
- 36"Joy and happiness are born of gratitude." --Gordon T. Watts
- 37When gratitude becomes your default setting, life changes. -- Nancy Leigh Demoss
- 38“Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
- 39“Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.” – Denis Waitley
- 40“Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It’s the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul.” – Amy Collette
- 41“No one who achieves success does so without the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude.” – Alfred North Whitehead
- 42“In ordinary life, we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- 43“When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” – Willie Nelson
- 44“There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.” — Ralph H. Blum
- 45“As with all commandments, gratitude is a description of a successful mode of living. The thankful heart opens our eyes to a multitude of blessings that continually surround us.” – James E. Faust
- 46“Being thankful is not always experienced as a natural state of existence, we must work at it, akin to a type of strength training for the heart.” – Larissa Gomez
- 47“Be grateful for what you already have while you pursue your goals. If you aren’t grateful for what you already have, what makes you think you would be happy with more?” – Roy T. Bennett
- 48“Gratitude is a catalyst to all Christlike attributes! A thankful heart is the parent of all virtues." – Dieter F. Uchtdorf
- 49Gratitude is the rich soil you plant your future in. -- Lisa Nichols
- 50“If you concentrate on finding whatever is good in every situation, you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the soul.” — Rabbi Harold Kushner
Gratitude is sure powerful!
I hope these 50 beautiful quotes on gratitude offer some great comfort and strength to you.
And to help you with gathering more useful tips and helps with gratitude and thankful themes, be sure to check out these other articles:
- 5 Beautiful Gratitude and Thanksgiving Wall Art Free Printables
- 3 Simple Ways to Develop a Grateful Heart (link coming soon!)
Get your free printable images of these Beautiful Quotes on Gratitude here!
(Yes, the logos have been made much smaller on these printable versions. 🙂
Debra Marsh says
Really very happy to say, your post is very interesting to read.I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job. Keep it up
Thanks so much, Deborah! That is so very kind of you. ❤️
Thank you for these beautiful quote: they are invaluable.
I’m so glad you enjoy them!
Great quotes that I recommend to my readers. Love them.