This post may contain affiliate links.
Boy, have you landed in a great place today! Inside you're going to find a whole bunch of incredible teen affirmations written by teens that will knock your socks off!
(PLUS a free printable of all of these affirmations on attractive cards that are ready to use!)
Written by teens?
Yup! Each one of these 117 teen affirmations were thought up, imagined, dreamed up, pulled up from the hearts of some incredible teens themselves, for the purpose of sharing them with us and the world.
Yes, they want to help Your Teens.
Here's how this all came about:
117 Incredible Teen Affirmations Written by Teens
For several years I've had the sincere privilege of mentoring some amazing teens in our homeschool cooperative. I'm not exaggerating one bit - these youth are remarkable.
Their hearts are gold, their minds are sharp, and they have great goals and ambitions.
One day I was teaching a class called Ignite with a group of youth aged 11-14, and out of the blue, the idea popped into my mind to ask these kids to help me with a project -an unplanned project.
We had been learning a lot about the brain and how it works, and how important it was to train our brains to focus on the good in life, which is in essence, learning how to have faith.
The power of our brains
We were all feeling the import of the power of our brains and how capable they are of being trained to view life in various ways - in faith and hope, in power and strength, or in fear and lack, or in discouragement and despair.
Oh, how I wish you could have been a fly on the wall in that class! You, too, would have seen what amazing youth these kids are.
So, the idea popped into my mind to have them take a few minutes and think down deep inside of themselves, and write the things they really believed - with the intent of sharing these things to the world to help other youth in their struggles.
And wow, did they write down some powerful things!
They were so kind as to share their hearts with the hopes of helping to strengthen their young friends around the world.
Then after the class was over, I began to wonder what the older youth in our co-op would have to say.
Then I talked with some older youth
So I reached out to them and their teacher graciously allowed some time in class for them to gather their thoughts and write their beliefs down.
Every one of these youth truly wanted to help strengthen other youth by sharing their beliefs.
Be prepared to be impressed.
First with the 54 teen affirmations written by teens ages 11-14, then below that, be impressed with the 63 teen affirmations written by teens ages 14-18.
It's sooooo good to know there are such great hearts in so many of our youth today!
I hope you enjoy and are inspired by these teen affirmations. Feel free to use them to help strengthen and inspire the awesome youth in your life.
And feel welcome to download all of these teen affirmations that I created on nice cards that you can print, cut out, and invite your youth to use them in fun ways.
Ideas for how to use these teen affirmation cards
- Your youth can pick out some favorites and tape them to various places in their room and on the bathroom mirror, where they'll see and read them often - helping to get them deeper into their minds.
- Or you can put them in places they'll see them unexpectedly, like in a lunch box, in their math book, by their toothbrush, in a shoe - to add some encouragement into their day.
- Some teens like to have a stack of favorites to keep by their bed, and before they go to sleep they read through them and really think about them.
- They are also great to have handy in their backpacks to randomly pass out to friends at school to add some light to their day.
There are lots of ways to use these! I'd LOVE to hear how you use them. Please comment below and I can add your ideas to the list here!
Here's a list of all the affirmations so you can see what comes on the cards:
54 TEEN AFFIRMATIONS WRITTEN BY TEENS AGES 11-14
- I am fun to be around!
- I have great friends!
- I am smart!
- I have a purpose in life!
- I love life!
- I can do this!
- There is more good than bad!
- I am wonderful!
- I am awesome!
- I am unique!
- I am incredible!
- I am physically, mentally, & spiritually strong!
- I am happy!
- I am a good, righteous person!
- I will make today better than yesterday!
- I have the power to choose what today will be like!
- I am important to my friends and family!
- I can do hard things!
- I am loved!
- I am strong!
- I am smart & kind!
- I’ve got this!
- I am a generous person!
- I am friendly and make others feel happy!
- I am full of happiness!
- I am capable of great things!
- I have a growth mindset!
- I know I am loved!
- I am courageous!
- I have greatness in me!
- I am who I’m meant to be!
- I am happy!
- I am brave!
- I have a purpose!
- I have friends!
- I can do hard things!
- I’m a person that people want to be around!
- I make good use of my time!
- I’m good at learning and focusing on things!
- I am flexible!
- I’m a very good reader!
- I’m always looking for ways to serve!
- I am there when other people need me!
- I am a friend to everyone!
- I am full of the light of God!
- I am good at thinking of others!
- I am a good studier!
- I keep working towards my goals!
- I like being happy!
- I’m always feeling loved!
- I’m good at thinking of ideas!
- I’m a hard worker!
- I am good at making new friends!
- I am grateful to be alive!
63 TEEN AFFIRMATIONS WRITTEN BY TEENS AGES 14-18
- I spread light wherever I go
- I am a keeper of truth
- I study the Word of God every day
- I am in tune with the Spirit
- I keep my promises
- I finish what I start
- I follow through on my commitments
- I bring out the best in others
- I give others the benefit of the doubt
- I stand up for what I believe in
- I enjoy studying all sorts of different topics
- I am kind
- I am patient
- I am loving
- I am a child of God
- I am a warrior
- I am a force for good
- I lift up the people around me
- I am a leader
- I have faith
- I will do my best today
- I work hard to learn and improve myself
- I am always finding ways to serve others around me
- I love the gospel and I share my beliefs through my example
- I begin working on my goals right away
- I am charismatic and attractive
- I have balance in my life and I find time each day to focus on what is really important
- I am a hard worker
- I am good at making friends
- I am forgiving
- I am kind
- I am loved
- I like myself, I’m a good person
- I can do it!
- I am awesome
- I achieve my goals
- I always consider both sides
- I brighten other people’s days
- I know how to budget money
- I am smart and capable
- I am loving and kind
- I am loved and accepted
- I am always prepared and will succeed
- I am respectful
- I am respected
- I am powerful
- I am strong
- I can do anything I set my mind to
- I can be anything
- I am constantly improving
- I trust my higher intuition
- I am a powerful creator
- My path is clear and I am always progressing
- I am constantly improving
- I have purpose in life
- God loves me. I am his child. He is always there for me.
- I use my light in powerful ways
- I am changing the world
- I am valuable
- I am worthy of love
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me
- I am capable of amazing things
- I love myself!
Teens are Incredible!
I imagine that you know some teens who are really incredible. People who make you have hope for the future, and people you like to be around.
Some teens are really struggling and can use some extra love, encouragement, and help.
Let's give all the teens we know, whether they are struggling or not, an extra boost to help them along.
Using these incredible teen affirmations that were written by teens is one easy and effective way to do that.
Get all 117 Incredible Teen Affirmations written by Teens ready to print out and use!
Here's to encouraging our Incredible Teens!
This post is beautiful; thank you for sharing. It’s 5:15AM and I am up before my kids. I’m writing affirmation cards before I wake them for school.
Thank you for sharing, i’ll most likely use all of these! Lol i know my kids will love them; thank you.
Jessica, I’m so glad! I hope they are helpful. 🙂